Historic Park Theater ReportThe IQC assisted in developing a plan to build a storage facility, conference room, and employee exercise facility within the Shell of the Park Theater.
View the Full Report Below
The Park Theater was operating as early as 1928 as the Ritz Theater in Ardmore. Historic theaters often undergo many layers of renovation work over the years. In the late 1980s, the theater was converted to a 3-level mini-mall. The building is now owned by Noble Energy, which has a headquarters on the other side of the alley behind the theater. Noble Energy had a need for a storage facility and had previously considered removing the theater for parking or to build a storage facility.
With a goal of historic preservation, the IQC assisted in developing a plan to build a storage facility, conference room, and employee exercise facility within the Shell of the Park Theater. The IQC identified and collaborated with local organizations that could help make the project happen.
The team included IQC staff members, faculty and students from the College of Architecture Divisions of Interior Design and Architecture, and a representative from the Oklahoma Main Street Center.